Last week, only a few days before Christmas, hundreds of flights were canceled at Gatwick Airport, England, following reports of a drone sighting close to the runway. The incident caused major travel disruption, affecting about 140,000 families and over 1,000 flights.
Of course, around 140,000 passengers with delayed and canceled flights means 140,000 customers whose expectations to travel on their Christmas break weren’t met. For the airline customer services teams such as EasyJet, British Airways, and Norwegian that means this was the time for the all-hands-on-deck-put-your-helmets-on crisis management to communicate to customers the situation while finding alternative routes for handling claims and refunds.
The “Must Do” practices to survive this situation with a positive customer experience should include:
– Creating a quick and clear communication plan;
– Sending the message through to all teams fast;
– Updating all managers and having them on site;
– Changing the triaging strategy to close gaps;
140,000 passengers with delayed and canceled flights means 140,000 customers whose expectations to travel on their Christmas break weren’t met
How Adding an AI Solution Can Help Customer Services Operations
Meet Customer Expectations In Times of Crisis
In these situations, focus, attention, and resilience are more than always required both from the customer services reps and customer services managers.
An AI solution is critical in helping the teams and managers to resolve the crisis and make it to their advantage by exceeding customer expectations in short handling time and personalized answers:
– Tagging and triaging the crisis related tickets so you’re able to create a view and focus only on these customers.
– Instantly distribute the communication plan throughout reps and teams.
– Adding personalized recommendations based on customer sentiment.
– Decreases handling the number of tickets by 37%.
– Automate the handling of cases within 10 hours after the crisis starts, and the initial handling will be done automatically leaving the reps only with the follow-ups to full satisfaction.
The end result is that even in times of crisis you can increase customer satisfaction and exceed customer expectations by 25%, while the AI will provide you, as a manager, with the insights and reports you need in order to smoothly sail through the situation in the best way possible.